Transfer Deadline Day Recap 2021
August 31st marked the final day of the summer transfer window, and what an exciting day it was. Over a dozen transfers occurred. What were some of the biggest deals?
- Manchester United officially signed Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus for a reported £12.8 million
- Chelsea signed Spanish midfielder Saul Niguez from Atletico Madrid on a season long loan with the option to buy
- Leeds United signed Welsh winger Daniel James from Manchester United for a deal reported to be £25 million
- Tottenham signed Brazilian defender Emerson Royal from Barcelona for £26 million
- Leicester City signed English forward Adama Lookman on a season long loan from RB Leipzig
- West Ham United signed Croatian forward Nikola Vlasic from CSKA Moskow for £25.8 million
- West Ham United signed Slovakian midfielder Alex Kral on a season long loan from Spartak Moskow
- Brighton Hove Albion signed Spanish defender Marc Cucurella from Getafe for £15 million
- Crystal Palace acquired French forward Odsonne Edouard from Celtic for £15 million
- Newcastle United signed Mexican forward Santiago Munoz on loan from Santos Laguna
- Everton signed Venezualan forward Salomon Rondon as a free agent. Rondon most recently played for Chinese side Dalian Professional.
- Arsenal signed Japanese defender Takehiro Tomiyasu from Bologna for around £17 million
Other European Leagues
- Real Madrid signed highly rated French youngster Eduardo Camavinga from Rennes for around £25 million
- Atletico Madrid resigned French forward Antoine Griezmann from Barcelona on a season long loan with the option of a further year. Atletico sold him to Barcelona for a little over £100 million two years ago.
- Juventus resigned Italian forward Moise Kean on a two year loan from Everton
- Paris Saint Germain signed highly rated Portuguese defender Nuno Mendes from Sporting CP on a season long loan with the option to buy
- Barcelona signed Dutch forward Luuk De Jong from Sevilla on a season long loan
What was the highlight of this summer’s transfer window for you? Have your say in the comments below!
Image from here